Friday, April 10, 2015

Pony mail!

I was really jonesing to buy some ponies this past weekend and I'd just gotten paid for some art commissions, so I made a couple purchases on eBay.  (I know, but I still do a lot of my pony shopping on the 'Bay just because it's easy)  My G1s came yesterday and G3s today.  Super fast, I'm so thrilled.  I forgot what it's like to get lots of pony mail; I don't usually buy so many at once these days!


I've had the lavender star-symbol Baby Ember for many years now, but never got around to the rest of her doppelgangers.  After cruising eBay for a while and not really deciding on any G1s to buy, I eventually found these three in a lot together!  Not super-high on my list of desired ponies but definitely a collecting goal that I can scratch off, nonetheless!  

I'm officially out of room in my G1 nursery though, so maybe I shouldn't buy any babies til I get my new shelves this summer...


The G3s were all from the same seller.  I wasn't gonna get this many G3s during this shopping binge, but the combined shipping sweetened the deal so I grabbed these three girls!  

Sweetberry is another pony that I don't specifically love, but she's the only one of the original G3 cast of eight that I was still lacking.  So, again, I was able to mark off a collecting goal.  And tbh that feels as good as getting a beloved pony.  

Starswirl is to replace mine which has gone missing.  I haven't been able to find her anywhere and I have no idea where she could be.  I don't think I would've sold her or given her away, always loved her. D:  So I just got a new one.  

And omg I've wanted Darling Dahlia since she was released but she was too expensive second-hand back ten years ago.  She's been high on my want list since that time, so it's amazing to have her in my hands, finally!


They all need a bit of TLC on their hair.  I don't buy dirty ponies anymore because I've become too lazy in my old age to do full washings and tackle restoring.  Their hair is all in great condition, it's just a bit messy and tangled.  Quick shampoo/condition and comb-through and they'll be gorgeous.  Pink Ember does have some gray smudges on her nose that didn't show up in the photos and weren't mentioned, but hopefully they'll come off.  If not, I just won't take macro shots of her face *shrug*  not that I take many photos anymore...


I NEED TO USE THIS BLOG MORE I KNOW but I do go through phases where I'm in a collecting mindset more than others.  I see my ponies every day, think about my collection, but only update this blog and buy ponies in rushes a few times a year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No comments:

Post a Comment